RULES & REGULATIONS
FEES POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Students are charged by the Term, there are 4 Terms in a Year.
A $50.00 Registration Fee must be paid upon enrolment to secure your position.
All prices are GST Inclusive and fees are non negotiable or refundable.
A $10.00 late fee will be incurred per week after the due date and will not be waivered.
If payments are not up to date, students may be prevented from participating in JDC events and refused tuition. A warning will be provided in cases where consecutive term fees are late in payment and families will be refused
service and all debt sent to a debt recovery agency.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS POLICY
There will be no refunds or credits for missed classes or withdrawal from classes during the term. Classes are invoiced by the term. Places are booked for a minimum enrolment time of 1 Term, regardless of participation. No Exceptions. The minimum enrolment period is a full term.
Fees are non transferable to another class, sibling or friend.
There will be no refunds or credits to any of the following:
To any student who has paid a term fee.
To any student who withdraws during a term period.
For missed classes.
On any costume, showcase or examination fees.
Written notification is required for any changes to enrolment (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
The latest date to make changes to your enrolment including withdrawal is 2 weeks prior to the term commencement. Withdrawals are permitted after this time however full term fees will still need to be paid, save and except for Item 17 of our Terms & Conditions. Once enrolled in a class for the term, fees are payable.
Guidelines for student behaviour:
• Arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of every class or rehearsal and give yourself a warm up.
• Proper dancewear and shoes are a must in every class and rehearsal.
• Hair must always be in a slicked back bun or high pony.
• Choreography must be learnt, rehearsed and remembered.
• Finish every class or choreography session with a thank-you to the teacher or choreographer.
• Ensure you have been to the bathroom prior to commencing class.
CODE OF BEHAVIOURS
• All members are required to respect the rights and privacy of their teachers and each other
• All members are required to respect each other, faculty and premises
• All members are required to attend and arrive for all classes, punctually. Where a student arrives 10 minutes after the start of class, they will be asked to observe for the remainder of class.
• All members are required to represent JDC in a respectful, positive manner at eisteddfods, competitions and events.
• All members are to encourage each other and support their peers. All dancers reserve the right to feel welcome, safe and part of our community whilst at the studio.
• JDC will not tolerate any form of bullying or harassment by students, families, faculty or community.
• Students must as a courtesy, apologise when interrupting a class.
• Parents are to advise teachers (in advance when possible) if their child will be absent from class. It is imperative that all teacher’s time at the studio is focused on the classes at hand. If you would like to speak with your teacher regarding any matters, please either send an email to request time to meet in person or email your questions and he/she will get back to you at their earliest convenience.
• All members should uphold our values at all times.
By now you have probably noticed that we are BIG on communication here at JDC. It is our promise to respond to all enquiries within 48-hours (excludes weekends, school holidays and public holidays) and we will never leave a query unanswered. Our friendly staff can be contacted via email or via telephone 9363 2331. As we are often busy teaching our students we recommend getting in contact with us via email.
For convenience, our primary means of communication is via email. You will receive regular newsletters and important information via email so please ensure you have provided the studio with an up-to-date email address that is regularly checked. All information is also available on our website: www.jdcstudios.com
Facebook is a great way for us to keep in touch with a large number of people at once, so we encourage all families to follow us on facebook.
We are also on Instagram, you can follow us @jdcstudios
We always display important information, dates and studio details on our noticeboard in the changing room so please have a quick look when dropping off and picking up your child in case there is anything you may have missed.
We also have a community notice board, so if you run a local business or have an event coming up, please pass your flyers onto reception. Please note that all advertisements must be approved by JDC Management.
• With the safety of our families a number one priority, JDC is very serious about upholding Child Protection laws and policies within the studio as well as at public performances and in the online arena (website
and social media).
• As part of your enrolment, you will have read and signed a media waiver allowing us to proudly use images and video footage of the student for advertising and promotional purposes. Should you have any concerns whatsoever with signing this declaration, please see our reception staff who will happily assist you.
• We have a live stream TV viewing wall within the parents waiting area which can be viewed by parents and family members.
•All of our teachers and staff members have undergone official checks allowing them to work with children.
• Management and staff at JDC are educated in the negative impact of inappropriate music and costume selection when it comes to performing dance routines and are wholeheartedly committed to ensuring children in all of our dance routines are not subjected to any inappropriate songs or costuming.
• Our staff members have all been trained in first aid.
• JDC takes no responsibility for any stolen or misplaced property on the studio premises and we encourage our families to avoid bringing valuable items into the studio where possible.
• When you purchase and/or hire a product and/or service with JDC, the information we may collect from you includes your name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses and medical information. It may also include details of the products and services we provide to you as well as the status of your enrolment.
• We may occasionally use your information to promote and market to you information which we consider may be of interest to you unless you contact us and tell us not to do so.
• We will never sell or pass on any of your information to third parties unless required by government authorities or in the event of debt recovery. Any information passed on will be done so with appropriate privacy and confidentiality protection.
• Information is stored securely in paper or electronic form and is accessible only by authorised personnel.
JDC’s Social Media Policy refers to all social networking sites, video/photo sharing sites, blogs, micro-blogs, wikis, podcasts, forums, instant messaging and geospatial tagging (for example, Facebook checkins).
• Please remember that your anonymity on Social Media is never guaranteed and to exercise particular caution when posts, images or videos identify children in your care.
• Remain mindful that your behaviour on Social Media remains in keeping with JDC’s code of conduct.
• Any comments or posts perceived to be obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful towards JDC staff, students or families may subject the owner to disciplinary or legal action.
• Should you wish to engage on Social Media while identifying as a studio volunteer or employee, you may only do so with integrity, respect, and adhere to privacy and confidentiality policy.
• Intellectual property laws (for example, costume design and choreography) must be observed by all studio patrons when posting online.
• We discourage parents / students and teachers from becoming ‘friends’ or ‘followers’ on Social Media, unless there is an existing relationship.
We consider all studio members to be family and as such feel the obligation to respect and monitor personal boundaries.
• You may not post photographs / videos that feature JDC dancers other than your own online without the proven consent of their parent/guardian.
• Any student wishing to enrol or attend a trial week/lesson at JDC
Studio must first complete either an enrolment or trial registration form.
• Participation in a class is not available until a registration form as been completed, received and processed by our office.
• Students will be allocated to the most suitable class level and age group according to the JDC class standards and levels.
• Parents/students are responsible for communicating absences with JDC.
• JDC must be notified in advance if a student is going to be absent from class, please email any absences to email@example.com
• Teachers cannot go back over dance routines for students who have continually missed classes as this is disruptive to their entire class and their training outcomes.
• Competition students may have extra scheduled rehearsals leading up to comps. Please note should you not be able to make the extra scheduled rehearsal/s you may be exempt from that particular routine for the time being and will be choreographed in at a later stage.
• Costumes for the showcase and competiiton season will be measured, fitted and ordered by JDC.
• Costume costs varies from $35 - $50 depending on the class.
• Our competition costume hire fee varies from $5.00 to $10.00 per routine. This hire fee is added to each competition entry.
• Majority of costumes are hired out to students and hire costs vary from $35 - $50 depending on the class.
• Costume payments are non-refundable at any time.
• Costume payment plans are also available throughout the year.
• Costumes will not be ordered unless paid for.
• Students, who do not wear the correct uniform to class, will not be able to participate in or observe the class.
• Students must have correct and appropriate footwear for each class at all times. Dancing barefoot is not permitted, with the exception of acro & aerial students.
• All enquiries must be directed to the studio director via email. Teachers are not available during or in-between class time to discuss matters.
• Parents and teachers should not seek access to each other’s profiles on social media platforms such as Facebook or Instagram etc.
• All communication is to go through the studio director. Parents and teachers should not communicate via email, telephone or social media.
• Parents and teachers are not to pass out private contact information.
• All enquiries must be directed to the studio director. Teachers are not available during or in between class time to discuss matters or answer questions.
• Students are encouraged to seek feedback and assessment from their teacher.
• Students and teachers should not be seeking access to each other’s profiles on social media platforms.
• Students and teachers should not communicate via email, phone or social media. All communication should be passed through the studio director.
• Students and teachers are not to pass out private contact information.
• Students/Parents are not permitted to video or photograph classes at anytime, unless given permission by the teacher and all parties involved.
• Photography and filming of theatre performances is strictly prohibited.
• Physical contact between a teacher and student may be required to demonstrate, correct or assist with dance or tumbling movements.
FOOD, DRINK, ALCOHOL AND DRUGS
• Food and/or drink is not permitted in the studio, with the exception of water.
• Food and/or drink must only be consumed in the allocated waiting area. The studio is a nut free zone.
• The possession or consumption of illicit or non-prescribed drugs is not acceptable at any time.
• Alcohol is strictly prohibited within the studio.
Where an injury occurs, the student will receive treatment from a qualified first aider. Physical contact may be required.
In the situation where an ambulance is required, an ambulance will be called by JDC. The parent will incur these costs.
Where an injury occurs, the students parent/guardian will be contacted by JDC using the contact information given on the students registration form.
It is the parent/guardian responsibility to ensure all emergency contact information is up to date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should any information need updating.
It is the responsibility of the student/parents to notify JDC of any previous or current injuries.
BEHAVIOUR / CONDUCT
JDC does not tolerate swearing, indecent or disrespectful language, defamatory comments, or indecent or disrespectful conduct from students, parents/guardians, family members, or visitors.
Any individual who demonstrates any of the above will be asked to withdraw from JDC immediately.
Any person who does not comply with JDC Terms and Conditions will forfeit their position at JDC and, to the extent permitted by law, will not be entitled to refund.